He is My Future

He is My Future
This is Jacob

Sunday, June 22, 2008

!!He Held My HAND!!

This is one of my favorite memories of us. It’s the story of when Jacob first held my hand. He had invited me on a weekend date in round valley, which is about 2 ish hours away. There were 6-8 couples going and we were all going up on Friday night, sleeping at a friends Andy Bingham's house then the next day we were all going to quading. We had to take 3 cars to fit all of the people and quads in my car we had 3 couples and one girl who couldn’t go with her date because of car seating. I got to sit next to Jacob, and because it was late we were all kind of falling asleep. Jacob was against the window and I was against him. After about an hour of driving and several adjustments until we were comfortable our hands got to the point where they could brush each other and it made me really excited because, this may sound silly but I had never held hands before. Kissed-yes, made out-yes, hugged-yes, held hands-no. So I was all excited and eventually he moved so it was UN avoidable. We held hands until we got there. When we got to Andy house his parents had food for all of us. We ate and chatted with his parents and younger siblings until they all went to bed.

Jacob was sleepy. He had shaved his head a few days before, what you cant see is that he still has a full beard.

Then the fun really began!! As it turns out there is a covered stadium just across the street from Andy’s house. They call it the dome for obvious reasons. We all decided to climb up the dome and wait for the football team to get back from their game and it was a blast! Because it’s a dome it was really hard to start climbing up it because the sides are really steep then it evens out along the top though it is never really flat. Once we got on top there was not a whole lot to do and it was cold so Jacob and I decided to see who could find the most shooting stars.


The hardest part, not to mention scariest, of the entire dome experience is getting down. You can’t just walk down, if you had a little tumble down you would either be dead wish you were. You eventually get down on your butt and scoot until gravity gets you and you slide from a reasonable distance. We walked back to Andy’s house and all the girls went to their beds. We stayed up chatting, and I admitted for the first time out loud that I liked Jacob. What I found out the next morning, from Jacob, was that while we were all being girls staying up and talking the guys decided to make a second trip up dome… wearing only their shoes!! I would have frozen to death it was cold enough wearing pants, long sleeves and jackets!

-Next day-
We all ate breakfast, I got to pet a real live pet pig named bacon, we gassed up the quads, picked up some snacks and headed out. We rode for several hours and had a fun time. Every once in a while we would stop and snack, walk around, wait for slow people etc.

This is one of the stops.

On one of the stops we went for a little hike. Jacob was bored with the conversations so he pulled out his pocketknife and carved his initials in a tree. He realized that we still had time before we headed back to our quads and he carved mine in the tree as well. That was pretty exciting to me. Throughout our ride I rode on the back of Jacob’s quad. By the time we were done riding everybody had black faces it was pretty funny.


2 comments:

Nicole said...

Every story I read about you two makes me wish I could go back and relive my courtship with Troy. Those times are so fun! You are a lucky gal to have such a great guy. The pic of Jake with his beard made me do a double take.

Brett and Ali said...

Shannie,
I am so excited that you are getting married...you Goodrich girls and getting hitched so young... Really, we are so happy for you. I hope that we will see you at East Fork!?!
Ali